Today is Britney Spears' birthday! So to celebrate I decided to put together this blog of 10 things you probably didn’t know about Miss Spears. Some of these things may suprise you! Happy 31st Birthday Britney! You look amazing!
1. In June 1997, Britney Spears negotiated with manager Lou Pearlman to join female pop group Innosense, her mother asked family friend and entertainment lawyer Larry Rudolph (future Britney’s manager) for his opinion and submitted a tape of Spears singing over a Whitney Houston's song “I Have Nothing”. After hearing the recorded material, Jive signed Spears to a multi-album deal. On Britney’s first tour, the girlband Innosense was the opening act.
2. Among the first ideas for her debut music video “…Baby One More Time” directed by Nigel Dick were Britney dressed like a wonder woman or Britney dancing on a huge record player. Britney proposed the school uniform idea and the basketball scenes, the video became a huge hit.
Ps: the role of his lover in the music video is played by her cousin and the teacher is her assistant Felicia Culotta
3. Britney is not only a singer and a dancer, she also has a perfume line. The first fragrance, Curious, released in 2004 has been the best selling perfume of that year. Worldwide, Britney has sold over one billion bottles in only five years (2004-2009), which earned her an estimated $1.5 billion
4. Britney Spears' 6th world tour, Circus, grossed $131.8 million. The tour also broke attendance records in many cities and all the North American shows were sold out. It became the fifth highest grossing tour of 2009, and the sixth highest grossing tour ever by a female artist.
5. Britney has been traveling under a number of aliases over the years. Steve Dennis reveals in a new biography released a few years ago, "Britney: Inside the Dream," that her favorite fake names include Ms. Alotta Warmheart, "because she had such a warm heart"; Mrs. Diana Prince in honor of Diana, Princess of Wales; Queen of the Fairy Dance, "because she was the dancing fairy"; and Mrs. Abra Cadabra "for no apparent known reason."
6. “You Got It All”, bonus track included in her second album “Oops! …I did it again” (2000) is a cover of The Jets and it was the first song recorded by Britney for her then-label Jive in 1997. The prominent use of melisma and vibratos as she continuously raises key into a high range was viewed as a Mariah Carey influence
7. In 2011, Rolling Stone drafted a chart of the ten best singers-dancers, Britney got the second place behind the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.
8. Britney performed at GMA in San Francisco last March 27, 2011 promoting her new album “Femme Fatale”, which is now known as Britney Spears Day.
9. “Do Somethin’” music video, one of the two singles from her first Greatest Hits of 2004 has been directed by Britney herself under the nickname of Mona Lisa in less than five hours.
10. In 2004 Britney auditioned for the female role in the movie “The Notebook”. Unfortunately she didn’t get the part, which went to Rachel McAdams.
Happy Birthday Britney!